Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

slow dance

I’ve read a couple of books lately that have altered the way I look at God. I think sometimes I struggle with getting past the fact that He’s the Creator of EVERYTHING to see that He also desires a personal relationship with me as well. But now I’m beginning to see God as wanting me more than anything and I want that too. I’m currently reading a book called “Searching for God Knows What” by Donald Miller. In one chapter he talks about Adam and Eve and the whole concept of them not being aware of their nakedness. “Man is wired so he gets his glory (his security, his understanding of value, his feeling of purpose, his feeling of rightness with his Maker, his security of eternity) from God, and this relationship is so strong, and God’s love is so pure, that Adam and Eve felt no insecurity at all, so much so that they walked around naked and didn’t even realize they were naked.” He goes on to talk about the loss of their glory once they eat the forbidden fruit but that’s another post.

I was listening to one of my favorite songs today, “You and Me” by Lifehouse and though it’s about a guy and girl, I began thinking about the song in a different way. When we enter into a personal relationship with God, it’s just us and Him. It’s as though we’re slow dancing, God gently guiding us around the room as we sway and spin to the music softly wafting in the air. We completely trust where God is taking us, totally enraptured with Him that we notice nothing else. Everything and everyone seems to fade into the background as we become lost in our love for the One we’re with. While God is big and powerful, He's also gentle and loving. Yes, God made everything but He also made us to enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment