Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

unplanned

I like things neat and tidy. I like knowing what to expect and being prepared. Yet it's seeming that recently when things have come about unexpectedly, it's the spontaneity that makes it fun. For example, last week after being at church for choir practice, two of my friends were all "Let's go grab a bite to eat. Wanna come?" We ended up getting burgers and spending the next two hours talking about sooo many things. We laughed, had those "um...wow" moments and the occassional awkward-in-a-funny kind of way moments. When we all climbed into our cars to go our separate ways at the end of the night, I realized it had been a good evening. None of it was planned but it's in these times when we can find ourselves pleasantly surprised. Huh. May we all be open to "beautiful surprises" (remember that, Alicia?).

1 comment:

  1. Yup, I do (although I'll have to give credit to Brooke for originating that phrase) -- it's definitely good to keep in mind.

    ReplyDelete