Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

book review: "shakespeare's lady" by alexa schnee

About the book: "Emilia Bassano is one of the most dazzling ladies at court when she meets the little-known playwright William Shakespeare and, despite everything, they fall in love. But the course of true love never did run smooth, and the Virgin Queen does not take lightly to her ladies straying. These star-crossed lovers must fight for their love - and, eventually, their lives." 

My thoughts: First, I'm amazed Shakespeare's Lady was written by an 18 year old! I applaud Alexa for that accomplishment! For the review, I thought the book was ok. Though I had a hard time really feeling a part of the story, I think Alexa did a great job with the details of the time period and painting a picture of life for a woman in Queen Elizabeth's court. Overall, great job for the historical aspect but the rest fell a little short for me. 

You can learn more about the book from Alexa's website as well as get info on her next book. 

I received a copy of this book from PR by the Book for my honest review.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment