Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

enjoy God's grace while you wait

I was reading Joyce Meyer's devotional Trusting God Day by Day and every once in a while one really jumps out at me. Sunday's page was titled, "Enjoy God's Grace While You Wait." Here's part of what she wrote:

"...My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for my strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

"You may be frustrated, struggling, and unhappy simply because you are trying to fix something you cannot do anything about. Perhaps you have a situation in your life that you don't want, and you are trying to get rid of it. Maybe there is something you do want and are trying hard to get, yet nothing you try is working and it is frustrating you. In any case, the only thing you can do is cease from your own works, and trust God. While you are waiting for God to take care of the situation, I encourage you to enjoy the wait."

post signature

1 comment: