Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

book review: "a bridge unbroken" by cathy bryant

"Letting go to build a bridge...Dakota Kelly wants her painful past to disappear. A plan to start afresh is derailed when she co-inherits her late grandfather's farm with Chance Johnson, the man responsible for the scars on her heart. But Chance isn't the only ghost from the past. Someone else is out to get her and will stop at nothing to get what he wants. Will Chance and Dakota lay aside their grudges to restore the old farmhouse and bridge, or will evil forces sabotage their attempt at forgiveness?"

I liked Dakota and Chance's story! Their relationship was a journey - both of them letting go of past hurts so they could move forward. It didn't take me long to get pulled into the story, wondering and hoping Dakota and Chance would end up together. It was very sweet how protective Chance was of Dakota - even when he didn't fully understand why. I laughed at the banter between him and Matt when he spent the night in his truck to keep an eye on Dakota. I also liked the other characters in the story. Chance's friends welcomed Dakota into their lives and at times it seemed they sided with her! This was a story full of love, action and forgiveness. I haven't read any of Cathy's other books but I may have to check them out! 

I received a copy of this book for my honest review.
  post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment