Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

book review: "crash the chatterbox" by steven furtick


The voice you listen to will determine the future you experience. Inside your head and heart is a chatterbox. Its lies are keeping you from realizing your God-given potential. But what can you do about them?

In Crash the Chatterbox, Pastor Steven Furtick focuses on four key areas that are most debilitating: insecurity, fear, condemnation, and discouragement. He asks, "What great deeds are in danger of remaining undone in your life because of lies that were planted in your past or fears that are looming in your future?"

With personal stories, inspiring examples, and practical strategies, Pastor Furtick will show you how to silence the lies and embrace the freeing affirmation of God.

I have Steven's other two books but this is the first I've read...and I'm moving Sun Stand Still and  Greater to the top of my reading list! This is one of those books I needed to hear right now. I highlighted all through it, knowing I'll probably flip through it when I need a reminder. Steven is very honest about his own struggles with the chatterbox and that makes the book all the better. I love the illustrations he used and the easy way in which he writes. This is a good book for anyone because we all have a chatterbox  and it's vital we defeat it! There are so many "oh wow" things that Steven says through the book but here's one: "When the internal dialogue of discouragement starts in your heart, remember - the Enemy's goal goes way beyond putting you in a bad mood temporarily. He's trying to talk you out of trusting God's plan for your life at a foundational level. And he's not just trying to derail you. He aims to limit the impact God wants to make through you and beyond you." I like that I didn't have to struggle to understand the book - I've read some books that were just wordy and I had to really focus to grasp the point. This is a book on a serious subject but written in a simple way. 

I received a copy of this book from Waterbrook Multnomah for my honest review. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment