Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2015

book review: "fifty shades of they" by ed young

Who are they? You're only as great as your relationships. Show me your friends and I will show you your future. There is immeasurable growth and success to be found when you're surrounded with the right "they."

Do you have the right they in your life? Fifty Shades of They gives you fifty simple, yet profound insights that will help any relationship thrive, from friendship to business partnerships to marriages. Based on biblical standards and the teaching of Ed Young, this book is written for anyone looking to give new life to their relationships.

Relationships are so important in our lives because they play such big roles in the decisions we make and don't make. I wanted to read this book because of the catchy title and then when I saw what it was about, I knew it was something I needed to read! This was an easy yet insightful read. The chapters are short, also making it easy but giving the opportunity to really let each "shade" sink in. And I like how the book seemed to get deeper the farther I read. I feel like I kept thinking during the last half of the book, "oh, I've never thought of that!" I like Shade Forty-Eight: Pray. "The right "they" will pray, and pray continually, because they want their relationship with God to grow and thrive. They will also continually pray for you, because they want our relationship with God to grow and thrive." I think about the friends I have in my life who I know will pray for me when I ask and those relationships are so special. This book also makes me look at my own life, challenging me to be the right kind of "they" for others. Ed makes so many great points all throughout the book. Shade twenty-six is about marriage. And really, the whole book is a good list of qualities to look for in a spouse! Someone who is committed, who prays, encourages you, doesn't keep secrets, is consistent, know how to laugh, etc. This is a book full of practical advice, making it clear on the kind of people you should surround yourself with. 

I received a copy of this book from Shelton Interactive for my honest review. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment