Pages

Friday, January 22, 2016

recipe: crockpot sausage and cheese tortellini


I'm becoming a fan of crockpot recipes. I've made potato soup and have now tried a sausage tortellini soup! And oh, they're both pretty good! I like being able to put everything into the crockpot and then leave it alone. The only difference is that the tortellini I used wasn't frozen so it took about two and a half hours for it to fully cook. I also didn't realize I needed specific diced tomatoes so I had to season them myself. I just poured them into a bowl and added some Italian seasoning and a little garlic powder. This is definitely a recipe I'll be making again! You can click here for the full recipe.

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. Italian Sausage
  • 20 oz. Frozen Three-Cheese Tortellini
  • 32 oz. Low Sodium Chicken Broth
  • 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes
  • 8 oz. Cream Cheese
  • Grated Parmesan Cheese for topping
Putting this together is super easy! Brown your Italian sausage and put in the bottom of the crockpot. Then add the tortellini. Next add the tomatoes. Pour in the chicken broth. Last, add the cream cheese, cutting it into small pieces. Stir all the ingredients, making sure the tortellini is covered with liquid. If your tortellini isn't frozen, cook on low for about two and a half hours. Stir every hour, letting the soup cook uncovered the last thirty minutes. If the tortellini is frozen, refer to the original recipe.

 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment