Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

silence

I'm learning that while what you say is important what you DON'T say is equally as important. When I'm communicating with people, listening is a vital component to the conversation. The reason is that my voice is currently on vacation, leaving me with nothing more than a whisper in which to converse with others. I'm having to rely on hand motions and facial expressions to do the bulk of my "talking" for me. Because of this, it's so very important that those I'm trying to talk to take into account all of this. It takes patience on both parts for communicating to be successful. It's been an interesting lesson - letting my actions speak for me.

"Silences make the real conversations between friends. Not the saying but the never needing to say is what counts." - Margaret Lee Runbeck

"Saying nothing...sometimes says the most."
- Emily Dickinson

No comments:

Post a Comment