Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

recipe: chocolate trifle

I made this last weekend and oh, it was yummy. My grandmother makes it for Christmas and gave me the recipe last year. I love recipes where you just throw ingredients together and are done - they're my favorite :-) And it leaves room for you to add your own touch to it, again, my favorite kind of recipe.

Ingredients:
Devil's food cake mix
1 large instant chocolate pudding
16 oz. cool whip
6 Heath Bars
Bake cake as directed. Let cool. Mix pudding as directed. Crush Heath Bars. Layer half of cake in a 4 quart bowl. Add half of pudding and 8 oz. of cool whip. Top with 3 Heath Bars. Repeat layers. Cover and chill overnight.

I also added peanut butter chips to the top layer and you could also drizzle some chocolate syrup too. It turned out amazing (not to brag or anything) and I loved the lightness of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment