Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

recipe: buttered rosemary rolls

These rolls are magical. Nine of us girls got together last Saturday to hang out and simply cook. I made a pan of thirty rolls and only one was left. They're simply addictive and super easy to make. It's a win-win. I found this recipe at The Pioneer Woman's site.

- frozen, unbaked dinner rolls
- melted butter
- rosemary
- sea salt

"Spray a small iron skillet with cooking spray (or coat with olive oil). Place frozen rolls in the skillet, leaving plenty of room for rising. Cover and allow to rise for several hours. After rising, brush rolls with melted butter. Sprinkle on chopped rosemary. Brush with additional butter. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Bake according to roll package directions (usually 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes), until rolls are a deep golden brown on top. Serve skillet on the table."

Because I was making so many, I put them on a giant baking sheet. They didn't get as dark as possibly they would using an iron skillet but for time sake I had to modify the recipe. One of the girls made some comment about these tasting like heaven? I would have to agree :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment