Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

tgif

I am beyond glad it's the weekend! A lot has been going on and I'm excited to leave work at work and focus on fun stuff! I'm leaving tomorrow for a short out of town trip and am in the midst of packing and getting things done that I would normally do this weekend. I also wanted to take a second and encourage anyone who comes across this. I don't know where you are in life - if everything is going great for you or if you're really neeeding God to do something in your life. At the moment I'm reading four different books (don't judge me) and all of them have things that have spoken to me, where I'm at in life.

I'm reading:
- The Confident Woman by Joyce Meyer
- Praying for Your Future Husband by Robin Gunn and Tricia Goyer
- 100 Days of Favor by Joseph Prince
- My Foolish Heart by Susan May Warren

The first day I started reading Joyce Meyer's book, the scripture just jumped out at me: "Arise [from the depression & prostration in which circumstances have kept you - rise to a new life]! Shine (be radiant with the glory of the Lord), for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has rise upon you!" Isaiah 60:1 (Amp). She talks about not letting fear keep us from stepping out into what God has called us to do. It can be easy to let the "what if's" talk me out of taking a leap...so I don't move at all.

Last night I was reading the book by Robin Gunn and Tricia Goyer and two scriptures they shared stood out to me:

- "Ask a sign from your God. Ask anything. Be extravagant. Ask for the moon!" Isaiah 7:11 (Msg).
- "May the Lord give you all that you ask for." Psalm 20:5 (NCV)

I know this doesn't mean I can ask for something outrageous and expect God to give it to me. I'm not going to pray for something outside of His will for me but just the idea that we can go to God and ask for what we need. To be able to approach Him in such a casual way is very cool to me. There are times when I have a hard time wrapping my mind around God because He's just so...vast...and yet we can talk to Him as we would a friend. It's humbling to think about. But I know He has a perfect plan for me and I have to trust His timing.

I started the book by Joseph Prince last night and he talked about how we're able to overcome the mountains in our life when we look to Jesus. "Instead of looking at how insurmountable your circumstances and challenges are, turn away from them and keep your eyes on Jesus." I have a tendency to sometimes dwell on things I'm facing. I give them to God but then end up taking it back...before handing it over to Him once again. To be able to place my circumstances in God's hands and just walk away lifts the burden off of me. I don't have to worry. There's freedom in such an act.

So those are my random thoughts for the day. Have a great weekend : )

No comments:

Post a Comment