Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

book review: "unleashed" by erwin raphael mcmanus

"Unleashed" is about having a barbarian faith - a faith that isn't tame or something easily contained. Those who are barbarians have a faith in God that may seem to go against the norm - it's a big faith. We can look to the Bible for examples of barbarians: "God would continually call them to believe things they could not see, become someone they were not, accomplish feats that were clearly beyond their abilities, and then hold them accountable for it."

This book is about encouraging you in your faith. It's about stirring you up to want more of God. I've read Erwin's book Soul Cravings was excited to read Unleashed! I liked that it's a short read so I could definitely pick it up and read it again when I wanted a quick read. Overall a good book. I felt at times that he was repeating himself in the point he was trying to make but it worked. I liked the touches of humor he added through out and the genuineness from which he spoke. It all came together nicely for a decent read. 

I received a copy of this book from Thomas Nelson for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment