Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

book review: "your heart's desire" by sheri rose shepherd

What caught my eye with this book was the cover. A good cover will definitely get my attention. Your Heart's Desire is written to several different groups of women. "For the married woman who desires more for her marriage. For the single woman who desires a godly man to love her. For the divorced woman who desires and deserves a second chance to find love again." Sheri spends fourteen chapters talking about some of the desires women have concerning love:

1. Desiring a "happily ever after"
2. Desiring a godly man to marry
3. Desiring to leave a legacy for my loved ones
4. Desiring God's design that me and my man become one
5. Desiring God to give me the power to remain pure
6. Desiring to give and receive love
7. Desiring to embrace my new life in Christ
8. Desiring to become a woman my man can lead
9. Desiring my son to grow to become a man of faith
10. Desiring a miracle to build a new foundation of love
11. Desiring expressions of love and romance in my marriage
12. Desiring to believe God can change a man and save a marriage
13. Desiring to glorify God by showing honor and respect
14. Desiring to surrender my whole heart to my Lord

Sheri also shares from her own marriage - the good and the bad. She does this in the hopes of letting God speak through her and help others. I read Sheri's book, His Princess: Love Letters From Your King a few years ago and was excited to find similar "love letters" at the end of each chapter in Your Heart's Desire. The only thing I would have liked was a little more attention given to single women, since that's the group I'm currently in. Overall, a book any woman can find something to apply in her life. 

I received a copy of this book from the Tyndale Blog Network for my honest review.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment