Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

book review: "anomaly" by krista mcgee

"Decades before Thalli's birth, the world was decimated by a nuclear war. But life continued deep underground, thanks to a handful of scientists known as The Ten. There they created genetically engineered human beings who are free of emotions in the hope that war won't threaten the world again. 

Thalli is an anomaly, born with the ability to feel emotions and a sense of curiosity she can barely contain. She has survived so far by hiding her differences. But then her secret is discovered when she's overwhelmed by the emotion of an ancient piece of music. 

The Ten quickly schedule her annihilation, but her childhood friend, Berk - a scientist being groomed by The Ten - convinces them to postpone her death and study her instead. While in the Scientist's Pod, Thalli and Berk form a dangerous alliance, one strictly forbidden by the constant surveillance.

As her life ticks away, she hears rumors of someone called the Designer - someone even more powerful than The Ten. What's more, the parts of her that have always been an anomaly could in fact be part of a much larger plan. And the parts of her that she has always guarded could be the answers she's been looking for all along."

My thoughts: I loved this book but am bummed about waiting a year to see what happens in the sequel! It reminded me of the Matched series by Allie Condie or a little like the Divergent series by Veronica Roth - I guess the whole dystopian thing. I was surprised at how quickly I was pulled into the story, needing to keep reading to find out what happened next! Krista did a fabulous job of keeping me engaged and guessing until the very end. And oh my! She kept the twists going - literally - until the last page! I loved the theme of the Designer - how Thalli didn't understand why the music moved her until John explained it to her. This was a great book!

You can buy a copy of Anomaly by clicking here.

I received a copy of this book from Litfuse Publicity for my honest review.

Enter Today - 7/12 - 7/31! Anomaly Krista McGee


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment