Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

book review: "the girl's still got it" by liz curtis higgs

"Walk with Ruth as she travels from Moab to Bethlehem, certain of her calling, yet uncertain of her future. Hold Naomi's hand and watch love put the pieces of her broken life back together. And hang out with Boaz, their kinsman-redeemer, who blesses both women and honors God, big time."

I really enjoyed this book! The story of Ruth is one of my favorites and Liz did an amazing job of pulling out things I'd never noticed before and giving such detail to things that oh my, I now see Ruth and Boaz as this beautiful love story! She brought their story to life for me. I love the way God weaves things together. I had forgotten Boaz's mother was Rahab - a fact Liz brings up when talking about how both women left their homeland, choosing to follow God. I now see Ruth's boldness and obedience as she went to Boaz at the threshing floor and the way Boaz provided for Ruth, long before the threshing floor scene. Boaz is a rare find. "A Boaz is a man of emotional and spiritual maturity who comes into your life during a period when you most need him and helps you see the worth you already possess." Boaz is an example of Jesus, our Redeemer. Liz writes in such a way to draw you in, making this a great read!

I received a copy of this book from Waterbrook Multnomah for my honest review.

  post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment