Pages

Saturday, December 14, 2013

book review: "God is able" by priscilla shirer

"Nothing is impossible with God. Nothing
Not even that thing. Your thing. The one thing that seems to defy all attempts to defeat it, restore it, heal it, change it, overcome it, undo it, or just to get through it. 

If you've lost even an ounce of confidence in the power and loving attention of God - if experience has told you that faith must simply acquiesce to impossibility - it's time somebody told you different. 

Believe it.
Experience it.
God is Able." 

What an awesome book! I'm so glad I had the opportunity to review it! Ephesians 3:20 is one of my absolute favorite verses and to have Priscilla break it down as she has makes it come alive. At the end of each chapter she repeats the verse, highlighting the words she's focused on for that chapter. I think she repeats it so as we re-read the verse each time, it gets a little deeper inside of us. Priscilla challenges the reader to dream big! "Your "beyond" - the most extravagant solution to your problem, the one that would shock you if God really did it - is a piece of cake to Him, no matter how big and bold it seems to us. If we think what we're asking is beyond what He can do, we're not thinking big enough." This book really encouraged my faith, reassuring me of God's complete ability to answer my prayers - those things I've been believing for and sometimes wanted to give up on because I didn't see how God was going to work things out. In chapter four, Priscilla talks about being grateful for God not answering her prayers the way she wanted Him to. "But now, years down the line, far removed from the impetuous, impulsive experiences that were spurring me on to such urgent demands of Him, I can see more clearly. I can see that He was doing things beyond my wildest expectations - even in denying my requests." This is a really great book to strengthen your faith and allow you to see Ephesians 3:20 in a whole new way! 

I received a copy of this book from Icon Media Group for my honest review. 

  post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment