Pages

Saturday, December 14, 2013

book review: "whispers of hope" by beth moore

"Scripture tells us to pray without ceasing, but how in the world do we do that? In fact, do we even know how to pray? Where do we start?

Whispers of Hope teaches the process of powerful Word-saturated prayer in response to a daily Bible reading. In turn, you will better understand how devotional reading and prayer are central to a stronger relationship with God."

I became a fan of Beth Moore after participating in a book study for her book, So Long Insecurity. I like how the devotional is set up with different parts. There's a verse for each day and an accompanying passage as well. At the end of each devotional is a P.R.A.I.S.E. section to fill out: 
Praise - thanking God
Repentance - confession and repentance
Acknowledgement - submitting to God and His will
Intercession - praying for others
Supplication - praying for your needs
Equipping - "...ask Him to fill you with His Spirit, to make Himself "conspicuous" in you and to make you victorious over the evil one."

I really like the title of the book. It makes me think of God gently speaking to me as I prepare for my day or to wrap up my day. Just the idea of Him day by day instilling hope in me...Whispers of Hope  is a great read!

I received a copy of this book from Icon Media Group for my honest review. 

  post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment