Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2008

waiting

In only a matter of days, I leave for my first ever mission trip. I’m super excited because I truly believe this will be a life-changing experience. We’re going to have fun but we’re also going to be stepping out of our comfort zone as we minister to those who are hurting. It’s going to be an amazing week and I look forward to all God has in store for not only me but for the rest of us going. My youth pastor said he hopes this will light a fire in all of us that we can bring back to the rest of the youth group and I’m agreeing with that prayer. I think we sometimes have an attitude of knowing we need to do something but handing off that care to the next person, telling ourselves “someone else will step up so I don’t need to.” It’s as though we take the whole “it takes one person to start a change” literally in that only one person needs to actually do something. But by refusing to carry on the work of others, we’re letting ourselves miss out on not only some cool experiences but the opportunities to bless others and be blessed in return. Yes, change can only start with one person but who says it has to only be one?

I’ve decided to not include anything funny in exchange for a video that only stresses my point. It’s the song, “Waiting on the World to Change” by John Mayer and I really like the video this church made to accompany the song. I think it illustrates the fact that everyone is going through something and instead of waiting for someone else to offer help, we give that help ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment