Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2009

my best

A new month is now upon us...and seems to be quickly speeding by. I've welcomed in the month of November with Christmas music. My personal opinion is that Christmas should be celebrated longer than the one month it's often given (although most stores start "celebrating" in September or October when they bring out their holiday merchandise). Christmas is truly "the most wonderful time of the year" because for that brief span of time, people are caught up in the wonder of it.
My current Christmas favorite is "Drummer Boy" by Mercy Me. I'm not sure I've ever paid attention to the lyrics until now. This little boy has nothing to offer the Savior who's just made His grand entrance. All he has is his drum. So he plays for Jesus. I love the line that says "I played my best for Christ." Though the drummer boy didn't bring an expensive gift, he offered what he had and gave his absolute best. The same is true today. All God asks is that we give our best. Just like the drummer boy...

No comments:

Post a Comment