Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

defining faith

I'm working on growing closer to God. This is something that I always say I want but it seems as if lately, there's just this desire within me to know Him on a deeper level. I'm struggling to wrap my mind around God and who He really is. I've grown up in church and have been saved since I was seven but it's as though I'm finally starting to own my faith. I'm no longer relying on my parents faith but needing to establish my own - what I believe and why. So all of this comes back to what faith is. Hebrews 11:1 gives a great definition but I've been thinking about relevant meanings in my life. Here's what I have so far:

- faith is trusting God when life doesn't make sense
- faith is trusting God when your heart is breaking
- faith is trusting God when all you want to do is give up
- faith is trusting God when you're too weary to take another step
- faith is trusting God when you don't have a clue what to do next
- faith is trusting God when you feel like He's not listening
- faith is trusting God when you're tired of waiting
- faith is trusting God when nothing goes as planned
- faith is trusting God when you wonder if He'll ever answer your prayer
- faith is trusting God

No comments:

Post a Comment