Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

recipe: no bake oreo pie


I've recently discovered this amazingly simple dessert and really like it! I've made it twice and learned something not to do for the next time : ) The first lesson? Read the packets carefully. There are three packets in the box: crust mix, filling and topping. I mistakenly thought the topping was the crust and melted the butter and mixed it together. Spreading it in the pan I finally realized my mistake. The second lesson? Don't attempt to make the day of (unless it's for that evening). The box says to let it set for around two hours (I think). I was in a rush and made it before I went to work...needing it to be good to go when I got to work. I tried cheating and sticking it in the freezer for an hour. It didn't work. Though the pie was still good, it was completely firm.


The only ingredients needed aside from the box are melted and butter and milk. How easy is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment