Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

book review: "ten" by terry a. smith


"Ten is about grasping God’s dream for our lives and then taking the necessary action to make that dream come true. Within the pages of Ten, Smith offers sound advice and gives the reader seven inspired steps specifically designed to lead to a better life:
  • Awaken: Wake up to God’s dreams for your life.
  • Discover: Learn how to discover your life’s calling.
  • Imagine: Learn how the discipline of imagination makes the future real.
  • Grow: Develop the life infrastructure necessary to sustain success.
  • Act: Take action to create your future.
  • Lead: Learn to lead yourself and others to the best possible future.
  • Go There: Accept the call to get started living the life God dreams for you.
Through application of these seven steps, Smith reveals how each of us can experience life in all its fullness, moving forward from wherever we are toward a TEN. In this way, we can create the best possible future for ourselves and those around us. We can achieve total fulfillment. We can take our lives all the way up the scale to TEN. All we need is the desire to do so."

This is a great book for those in leadership but also those who are simply striving to do what God has called them to do. One line that stood out to me was this: "But when you know what you have been called to do, then Plan A should be your only option." I'm going through a time right now when I can choose to just give up on what I know God has called me to do or continue to believe that He'll work things out as only He can. I choose to believe! I refuse to give up and reading this book just encouraged as I continue this walk of waiting.

I received a copy of this book from The B&B Media Group for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment