Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

rhythms

I had the amazing opportunity to see Hillsong United a few weeks ago in concert. It was absolutely amazing (yes, I used 'amazing' a whole lot just now). I had bought their "Aftermath" CD before the concert so I would be familiar with their newer songs. I find it awkward and a little boring if I go to a concert and don't know the songs - I'm not connected and I don't like that. One of the songs on the CD is titled "Rhythms of Grace." That made me think of the Matthew 11:28:

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly" (Message).
I like that. A lot. To me, there's something simply beautiful about the phrase. It's only three words yet so heavy with meaning. To me, it means letting go of our plans and letting God direct us - just that moment of release. Sort of like when floating in the water and letting the current take you where it may. It's finding freedom in release.

2 comments:

  1. Ok I am SO jealous!! I have always wanted to see them in concert, but I am happy you got to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, kathy! i don't know how to explain it adequately so you just need to see them for yourself! definitely something worth doing :)

    ReplyDelete