Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

mission statement

I went to Guatemala this summer for a mission trip and God changed something in me. I've been on two other mission trips but this was my first time out of the country. We had an amazing time and I'm slowly figuring out how to take all that happened and let it influence what I'm doing now that I'm back home. One of the biggest things that has helped me was to write a mission statement. I got the idea from Paige Omartian's book,  Wake Up, Generation. I reviewed the book after being home about a month and feel like the timing was truly a God thing. It was long enough that I had rested up from the trip and was finally thinking "I'm back. Now what do I do?" Why is a mission statement important? Because it drives what you do. "...your mission is the root and heart of what you do. It's your reference for every decision; it's your reminder and confidence of what God has called you to." Want to change the world? Write a mission statement to help guide you and then go for it!

  post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment