Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

recipe: sweet & salty cookies


I was looking for a new cookie to make. Something beyond just chocolate chip - something more. And I found it! I liked the odd combination of pretzel and potato chip and chocolate - I wasn't completely convinced I would like it until I took that first bite. And warm from the oven they were super good! I made these for a football party last weekend and got several compliments on them :) The only thing I would do differently is make them a bit thicker next time - I'm not sure if I should've chilled the dough first or what but they ended up spreading out as they baked. This is definitely a cookie I'll be making again! I found this recipe from Nestle's website.

What you need:
  • - 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • - 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • - 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
  • - 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • - 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • - 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • - 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • - 2 large eggs
  • - 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
  • - 2 cups coarsely broken rippled potato chips
  • - 1 cup small pretzel twists, broken into 1/2-inch pieces
  • - 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts (optional)

  • What to do:
  • "Preheat oven to 375° F. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels, potato chips, pretzel pieces and peanuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely." 

  post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment