Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

dabble

I was talking to a friend the other day and shared how I'm starting to like the word "no." I'm coming to realize it can be easy for us to become so bogged down with commitments that we are barely able to get our head above water and gasp for air. Therefore, we sometimes must say no; something that's hard for my wanting-to-please-others self to do at times. Yet I'm finding there's a freedom in not saying yes to everything. I'm able to pick and choose what I do or don't do - the metaphorical (is that even a word?) ball is back in my court. We simply can't do everything - we all have limits and there comes a time when we have to step back and try to maintain the spinning plates we already have going instead of adding even more. The more you add, the more chance of some falling and shattering on the ground.

Saying all of that to say, we must use some of the God-given common sense He's instilled in all of us when deciding what all we take on. I think it's better to do a few things and be able to devote 100% of your efforts instead of dabbling in far more than that, and giving less than your best. So what are you waiting for? Go dabble (just not in EVERYTHING)...

No comments:

Post a Comment