Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2009

stuck

I'm experiencing the thing writers rarely speak of for fear of bringing it upon them merely by uttering the words: writer's block. I've tried to make myself write profound, soul-searching pieces of literary genius but it's been the equivalent to ripping off a band-aid: painful and messy. I'm not one who wants to spend word after word, line upon line only taking up space by talking in circles. When the reader is finished, they're left scratching their head and wondering why they just wasted five minutes of their life reading something they'll only forget about in even less time.

I'm in need of inspiration that will help me overcome this present challenge in my writing career. Something that touches me in such a way that I have no choice but to write about it. The words will flow like water upon dry land and I'll be able to step back and amaze even myself at how eloquent it sounds. Now just to unearth that inspiration :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment