Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

recipe: oatmeal raisin cookies

Photobucket

I'm currently in the midst of a Daniel Fast and a friend of mine passed this recipe along to me. As usual, I modified it just a tad but was pleasantly surprised at how they turned out.

1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup almond flour or oat flour
1 cup creamy cashew butter, almond butter, or peanut butter
1/2 cup applesauce
1/3 cup Date Honey (I didn't realize this was something you had to make and instead bought regular honey which is something you're to avoid on this fast - oops)
1/2 cup raisins
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts (I don't like nuts so I left this out)
1 teaspoon cinnamon

"Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix oats, almond flour, cashew butter, applesauce, and Date Honey in a large bowl until well combined. Add raisins, walnuts, and cinnamon. Stir well. Drop by spoonfuls, two inches apart, on an 11 by 17-inch baking sheet. Flatten and shape into circles. Bake 10-12 minutes."
I also threw in some peanut butter chips I had on hand. I added a little over a 1/2 cup of raisins...just because. I baked them for right at 11 minutes - they were a little gooey but apparently when using the right honey that isn't an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment