Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

starbucks

I'm wanting to be deliberate this year. In everything I do, I want to be deliberate. One of my goals for 2012 is to do random acts of kindness for others. Maybe it's giving someone a grocery card or a Starbucks card - some times it might be a sacrifice while others I won't even miss the money. The whole point is to take the focus off of me and sow into someone else. It was very cool to read about this very idea in The Chocolate Diaries by Karen Scalf Linamen. Karen talks about her friend who once a week would pay for the car behind her in the drive-thru at Starbucks. I don't know if you've ever done this but there's such a feeling of excitement that comes over you when you pay for a stranger's food! "...it gave Ronlyn a renewed sense of hope. Even though she was still living in her private quarters of stress and hurt, she had discovered a window to a happier world. And the more she created happiness for others, the more she found the courage to believe that happiness could exist in her future too." Ronlyn even had the favor returned one day when she pulled up to the window only to be told her order was paid for! I want to make this a year of blessing others - constantly planting seeds so a harvest is always coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment