Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

finish year update - january

So this about wraps up month one of me working on my finish year goals. I'm excited to say I've made progress on some of my goals and here's what I've been up to:

2. Submit 2 posts to (in)courage. I've submitted one and already have the idea for the second but haven't had a chance to put it all together. I'm still waiting on a response for when they'll use my submission but am excited about it!
4. Read all of my review books. I've read four books so far and am almost finished with a fifth one. I'm putting some things on hold until I can get through my stack so I'm hoping that's motivation.
- The Girl in the Gatehouse by Julie Klassen
- The Accidental Bride by Denise Hunter
- Love Blooms in Winter by Lori Copeland
- The Chocolate Diaries by Karen Scalf Linamen
5. Do a random act of kindness twice a month. I slacked off a little on this by only putting down one ARK (has anybody seen "Evan Almighty" to get that reference?). I made chocolate chip cookie dough truffles for my coworkers - though I ended up eating the majority :)
6. Listen to one podcast/sermon a month. I've been able to listen to eight messages in a series my pastor did a while back.
7. Complete 5 DIY projects. I finished my first one yesterday! I've been wanting a new journal to use to take notes for church but couldn't find one that I really liked so I made one!


8. Comment on one blog a week. I've done pretty good with this one. I'm keeping track by pasting the links in a draft email just so I can see where all I've been.
10. Go to 5 events to meet new people. I think I met this one by attending training to become an election official. It's something that I was presented with the opportunity to be a part of so I went. I didn't know anyone so I think that counts :)

What about you? How are your Finish Year goals coming? It's not too late to start now!

No comments:

Post a Comment