Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

finish year goals

I've been talking about Finish Year and am excited to share what I've come up with for the year. There are other things I want to accomplish beside this list but this is my top 12. I wanted to post a picture of goals because I used different fonts and just had fun with it but you can view it here. I printed it on bright yellow cardstock and want to put it in a black frame. I've got a notebook I'm going to write in as I accomplish these goals. I want to be able to look back and see how achieving these things affected me. Some are fun while some are really going to stretch me.

1. Revise current query letter & submit to 5 literary agents.
2. Submit 2 posts to (in)courage.
3. Knit a blanket.
4. Read all of my review books (I have 10-15 books on my shelf that I got behind on).
5. Do a random act of kindness twice a month (be it giving someone a grocery or gas card or paying for the person behind me in the drive-thru - just sowing into someone else).
6. Listen to one podcast/sermon a month – something to feed me spiritually.
7. Make 5 DIY projects.
8. Comment on one blog a week. If I want others to read my blog, I need to return the favor.
9. Write 50 thank you cards.
10. Go to 5 events to meet new people (maybe it's church related or not. It's just the chance to step out of my comfort zone and make new friends).
11. Put money in savings account each month – anything is more than nothing.
12. Lead 1 person to the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Good list.
    You don't know me, and I don't know you. Although I recently started following you on Twitter (I usually don't follow strangers - stranger danger! - but Twitter recommended you and well...you're tweets are interesting).
    Um...rambling and forgot what I was typing...um...oh yeah...
    I think your list is good, but I think you can up your #6 from once a month to once a week. A podcast typically runs an hour. And hour a week...you can do that.

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. trevor, thanks for the input! i wanted to set the bar a little lower on that one since i read a lot and am trying very hard to tackle my stack of books i'm reviewing :) didn't want to set myself up to fail :) although, you're right, i've been able to exceed that one a month goal by listening to stuff while i work. i'm all about multi-tasking :)

    ReplyDelete