Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

book review: "the secret of indigo moon" by g.p. taylor

"Erik Morissey Ganger, famed explorer and detective (well, in his dreams), and his mischief-making sidekicks, twins Sadie and Saskia Dopple, didn’t go looking for a secret tunnel beneath the school. They never intended to make the acquaintance of a shifty private eye with a nose for trouble. It wasn’t part of the plan to come face to face with an old enemy, one with an agenda of his own that could destroy them all. And unraveling the “secret of indigo moon” was the farthest thing from their minds. At Isambard Dunstan’s School for Wayward Children, these things just seem to happen."

I've read G.P.'s YHWH and am currently reading the sequel, Yeshua. I've had this second of The Dopple Ganger Chronicles on my shelf for a while and didn't realize they were all by G.P. until now - I find it fun when I can make those connections. I've not read the first book in this series and I wonder if that might've helped me as I began The Secret of Indigo Moon. While I had a bit of a hard time following along, I absolutely LOVED the combination of words, comic, illustrations and different sized fonts woven throughout the story! This is the first book I've seen like that and it added a whole different element. I thought the story was a bit rushed and felt a little lost at times but the way it was presented totally made up for it!

I received a copy of this book from Tyndale House for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment