Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

closer

One of my "resolutions," if you will, for this year is to draw closer to God (I actually say this every year because how close is too close to God?). One of my favorite verses is James 4:8:

"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded" (NKJV).

"So let God work His will in you. Yell a loud no to the Devil and watch him scamper. Say a quiet yes to God and He'll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin. Purify your inner life. Quit playing the field. Hit bottom, and cry your eyes out. The fun and games are over. Get serious, really serious. Get down on your knees before the Master; it's the only way you'll get on your feet" (Message).

If we earnestly seek after God, He promises to meet us where we are. I love the fact that whenever I take one step toward God, He'll take three towards me. It's not the whole 'one step forward and then two back' but a continuous movement forward. With God, if I put forth effort, so does He. It's not a one-sided relationship where I give and give and He just takes and takes. When I give, so does God - that's just how He rolls :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment