Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

made for

Everything is made for a purpose. Cell phones? They're made to send/receive calls, text messages and sometimes take pictures. Cars? They're made to drive and get us from point A to point B. Us? We're made to worship the One who made us. During worship tonight, the lead singer for our praise and worship band brought up this point as we were making the transition from fast and upbeat songs to slow and intimate songs. She said that just as we would get frustrated with our phone or car for not doing what it's made to do, so does God sometimes get frustrated when we fail to do what we're made to do - worship Him.

The song "Made to Worship" by Chris Tomlin only echoes this thought: "You and I were made to worship. You and I are called to love. You and I are forgiven and free. You and I embrace surrender. You and I choose to believe. You and I will see who we were meant to be." I've heard it said that "Life is God's gift to man. What we do with it is our gift to God." What kind of gift is your life to Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment