Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

recipe: bacon appetizers


I made these earlier this week and they were everything Pioneer Woman said they would be! I made a practice batch last weekend and decided when I made them again, I would make a pan of the brown sugar ones as well. Oh, it was fun to hear the conversations surrounding these three-ingredient wonders. "I can't eat any more. I've had five!" "I've had seven!" was the reply from someone else. I love how incredibly easy these are and they smell absolutely amazing as they bake. I wonder what it might taste like to add sliced ham to the brown sugar ones? Something I might try next time. And unlike other recipes, I didn't have to do much after sticking them into the oven. There wasn't additional stirring or flipping or anything - though I did check on them after about an hour. Super easy and super tasty! You can also see Pioneer Woman's photo-by-photo instructions by clicking here

What you need:
- Club crackers
- thinly sliced bacon (bacon will be cut in half; one half wrapped around a cracker) 
- grated Parmesan cheese

What to do:
"Lay crackers (as many as you want) face up on a cookie sheet. Scoop about 1 teaspoon of grated Parmesan cheese onto each cracker. Cut your package of bacon in half (or cut pieces individually) and carefully, so the cheese doesn’t fall off, wrap each cheese covered cracker in one half piece of bacon, completely covering the cracker. It should fit snugly around the cracker. Place the bacon wrapped crackers onto a baking sheet that has a rack on it. Place in a 250-degree oven for about 2 hours."

  post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment