Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

one word


With a new year I'm thinking about what I want to accomplish in 2014. I've made goals in prior years and at first tackled them and made all kinds of progress! But then, pretty much once February arrived, I started slacking until finally...I'd abandoned the goals I had put such great thought into. I don't want to do that this year. So I'm taking this snow day to figure out my focus for the year. Single Roots had a blog post today about a movement called One Word 365. Instead of having a list of good-intention goals, choose just one word that can be what drives and directs you for the year. So my word? Finally. I'm deciding to take off the shelf things I've thought about doing and finally get around to doing them! I think one of the most dangerous words is "someday." I'll write that book...someday. I'll get out of debt...someday. I'll take that leap...someday. So no more someday! This is the year of finally!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. My one word is also "finally," and I believe we are the only two who have chosen that word on the OneWord365 site so far. Crazy! Here's a link to my post about it: http://www.journeytogodly.com/2014/01/one-word-for-2014.html. I'd love for us to encourage one another along this year's journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped by your blog, Leah! I'm excited to cheer each other on in our "finally's"!

      Delete