Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

recipe: cookie dough fudge


I've never made fudge but this looked too good to pass up! I've heard stories about how tricky fudge can be and...they've proven true. I don't think I let the fudge base get hot off before adding the powdered sugar but it still tasted good! I took it to work and we ended up just eating it with a spoon :) Cookie dough is good in any form! What I like about the recipe is that - except for the half-and-half - I already had all of the ingredients. I think this could be one of those "I feel like baking" recipes that can be done on a whim. I'll try again to get the consistency right but again, what I made tasted pretty awesome! You can click here for the full recipe. I found another recipe that's the same but the I like the picture better :)

What you need:
Cookie Dough:
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Fudge Base:
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla 
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used the mini ones)

What to do:
"Line an 8-by-8 in baking pan with buttered aluminum foil. Combine butter and sugars in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Mix in vanilla, salt and half-and-half. Add flour and mix until incorporated. For the fudge base, combine brown sugar, butter, salt and half-and-half in a saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat until butter is melted and brown sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Slowly stir in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until mixture is smooth and sugar is completely mixed in. Stir in vanilla. Add cookie dough and stir together. Let mixture cool to room temperature. Fold in chocolate chips and spread fudge into the prepared pan. Chill until set, about 3 hours."

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment