I'm currently reading Steven Furtick's book, Crash the Chatterbox. And wow, it's such a good book! It's about drowning out the lies the devil will try to tell you and to focus on who God says you are instead. You can also listen to his related podcast on Elevation's website. Here are just a few things I've highlighted:
- "Winning the war of words inside your soul means learning to defy your inner critic."
- "When lies are not confronted, callings are not fulfilled."
- "The voice you believe will determine the future you experience."
- "When we link a biblical understanding of God's authority with our personal experience of His intimacy, it melts down the mainframe of the chatterbox."
- "And she [Mary] demonstrated how an understanding of God's favor makes God's children unstoppable in the face of situations that seem impossible and obstacles that seem immovable."