This dessert. Oh, it turned out pretty perfect! I like it for several reasons. One is that it only takes a handful of ingredients. Two, it was fairly simple to make. Three, it tasted really good! I've made it twice and followed the recipe as is. But I'm thinking next time it might be fun to add some chopped Reese Cups to the top and less Oreo. I feel like the Oreo makes it really sweet - maybe it's the cream. I did a layer of Oreo before the whip and also on top so I might scale back the next time and just use around ten Oreos or so. Regardless, this is an easy recipe and tastes REALLY good! You can look at the full recipe from Nikki at Chef In Training by clicking here.
What you need:
- 1 box German chocolate cake mix, and all ingredients it requires
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 oz) jar hot fudge
- 1 (8 oz.) tub cool whip, thawed to room temperature
- 15 Oreos, crushed/chopped
- Bake cake according to directions in a 9x13 pan.
- Let cake cool for about 5 minutes.
- Poke holes in cake with the handle end of a wooden spoon.
- While cake is still warm, slowly pour over sweetened condensed milk over the top making sure some gets in all the holes of the cake.
- Heat Jar of Hot Fudge until runny and hot. Make sure it is melted to a point that it will pour easily. Pour over top of cake, making sure some gets in all the holes of cake.
- Let cake cool completely then spread thawed cool whip over the top.
- Sprinkle crushed/chopped Oreos over the top of Cool Whip.
- Store in fridge until ready to eat. Store any leftovers in fridge.