Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

book review: "lady in waiting" by susan meissner

Jane Lindsay manages an antique shop in Manchester, New York. She had thought her life was going fine until her husband tells her he’s taken a job in New Hampshire…without her. He says he needs some space and some time to think. Jane struggles to understand why her husband left and what she’s to do with her life without him in it. She comes across a ring among some things to sell in her store. But this isn’t just any ring. It’s several hundred years old and she believes it might have belonged to Lady Jane Grey. What makes the ring even more interesting is that the name “Jane” is inscribed inside it. Can she and her husband work things out? And who did the ring really belong to?

I’ve not read any other books by Meissner so I wasn’t sure what to expect. However, I enjoyed the book. I liked how she switched from telling Jane Lindsay’s story to the story of the ring and then back again. I was a little disappointed that more wasn’t said as to Jane’s marriage. It ends on the note that they will work things out but I would have liked more concrete proof of that – I like happy endings. Overall, a good read and I’ll definitely add her other books to my “to read” list.

I received a copy of this book from Waterbrook Press and all opinions are my own.

Click here for more info on the book. You can also rank my review on Waterbrook's Blogging for Books program by clicking below.

No comments:

Post a Comment