Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

recipe: cookies and cream peanut butter

I found this recipe at Picky Palate and modified it just a tad. Here's the recipe with my adjustments in red:
  • 10 whole oreos (15 oreos)
  • 2 cups creamy peanut butter (18 oz. jar)
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips (I bought a 12 oz. bag and used 1/3 of it)
  • 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I bought a 12 oz. bag and used 2/3 of it )
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • chocolate almond bark
  • 1 tablespoon shortening
Crush oreos into small pieces (I didn't chop mine up into too small pieces - I wanted to actually taste the texture of them) and place into a large bowl. Add 2 cups peanut butter. Mix in chocolate chips. Place white chips and 2 tablespoons peanut butter into a double boiler and stir until melted (I cheated and used the microwave). Add to bowl of oreos and peanut butter. Stir just a little so you have a bit of swirls of chocolate throughout. Place peanut butter into a jar or eat from the bowl. I rolled the mixture into balls and then drizzled in chocolate. First I put it into the freezer to harden just a bit and then scooped into small balls, rolling them in powdered sugar to help me shape them. I put them in the fridge for a few hours to chill and then melted the almond bark with the shortening (it helps make the chocolate thinner and smoother). I actually poured the chocolate over the "dough" but you could dip them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment