Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

mountains

Do you ever have moments where you know God is trying to tell you something? For the past few weeks my pastor has been speaking on faith and the need for us to literally speak to the mountains in our life. I've been doing that, thanking God in advance for the breakthroughs I'm believing for but yesterday it's as if God finally got my attention. My youth pastor filled in for my pastor and his message was along the same lines. He was talking about how we can become overwhelmed by the mountains that are standing before us, causing us to merely stand there instead of telling them to move. We settle for less than God's best either because we listen to those who tell us it can't be done or we just give up. We forget about the dreams we once had, allowing life to tell us we're unable to obtain those dreams. But God has so much more for us! One thing he said that stood out to me is that we settle for a "value meal" life when there's so much more out there! No matter what we face, we need to say "I'll have that!" and not settle. Today is a new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment