Pages

Monday, December 1, 2008

bittersweet

I’ve just finished my work for the semester and will graduate with my Master’s degree next weekend. While I’m immensely relieved to have this behind me, I’m also a little unsure of what to do with myself now that I’m really through with my college experience. After being in school for my whole life, how am I supposed to transition to life away from the classroom? The fact that I’m wanting to be a teacher ensures that I’ll never walk completely away from the learning experience but still, it feels so weird knowing that I’ll never again have to go through the process of registering for classes, purchasing text books (and paying an arm and a leg for them!), enduring waiting for my grades to be posted, or anything else associated with higher learning.

So while I’m super excited to no longer have to deal with the stress and time constraints provided by school, I’m a little sad that it really is over. It’s as if I’ve been handed a blank book, ready for me to fill it with whatever I choose. I can go down whatever path suits my fancy and use my degree or not use it or whatever I want. There’s a sense of freedom attached to finally reaching this point in my life. So I think the logical thing to do is look to God and ask for His direction as I begin a new chapter in my life. The time following graduation can be full of countless opportunities and experiences if I’ll follow God and walk down the path He’s leading me on. I have no idea what’s in store for me now but will follow Lincoln Brewster’s advice in his song, “Today is the Day.”

I putting my fears aside
I`m leaving my doubts behind
I`m giving my hopes and dreams to You
Jesus

I`m reaching my hands to Yours
Believing there`s so much more
Knowing that all You have in store for me is good

I found this clip from The Office and wanted to share. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment