Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2008

surrender

While holidays are a great time for family and being able to momentarily forget about all the things we must accomplish and check off a to-do list, it's also a time of thinking of what could be. I tend to want to run ahead of God on some things instead of surrendering to Him completely. Though I know He has great things for me, I don't like waiting or not knowing what the next step will look like. While waiting on God is a really great way for me to develop that trust in Him, it's also really hard being able to only see a small part of the big picture.

I feel like a broken record since I know I've posted about this before but the whole concept of surrendering to God keeps coming back to me. I don't think we can truly understand the importance of giving God our plans so He can have the freedom to work in us and help us become who we're meant to be - how He sees us.
I'm a sucker for happy endings and I thought of the movie The Family Man when writing this post. Jack is given the gift of being able to see what his life would be like had he made a certain choice only to find out it's nothing more than a dream. He then has to decide if he wants to really have the life he imagined and then make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment