Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

book review: "forever after" by deborah raney

Jenna Morgan lost her firefighter husband in the same fire that put fellow fireman Lucas Vermontez in the hospital and began him on long journey with physical therapy. Jenna is forced to move in with her in-laws when she realizes the nice home she and her husband had built is just too much to deal with financially. It doesn't take long before she sees trying to live under the same roof as her controlling mother-in-law is not going to work and she stays with a friend until she can find her own place. Lucas has been attracted to Jenna for a while but is having a hard time thinking of her as anything but his friend's wife. Both are still trying to put their lives back together following the fire that forever changed them. Can they find a future together or will they let secrets and their past prevent them from moving forward?

I enjoyed this book. I've not read anything by Deborah Raney before though I'm familiar with the name. I found myself more drawn to Lucas than Jenna. I don't know why but I had a hard time connecting with her character at times. I liked Lucas and Jenna together and had to smile at the awkwardness of them beginning to date - it was like it was their first date ever and very cute. Things felt a little choppy at times but it didn't detract from the story. Overall, a good book.

I received a copy of this book from Glass Road Public Relations and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment