Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

remembering

The ten-year anniversary for September 11, 2001 was this past Sunday. I can't believe it's been that long. I still remember where I was when it happened. It was my sophomore year of high school and I was in my first period Spanish class when we learned the first Twin Tower had been hit. And then in my second period Chemistry class we watched on the TV as the second Tower was hit. I remember the shock I felt at something like this happening. I remember going home that afternoon and watching the news with my parents as details began to unfold. I remember hearing about the people on the Flight 93 and how they were leaving messages for their families, knowing they wouldn't survive. The stories of those who became heroes. I won't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment