Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

"the cause within you" by matthew barnett

I just returned from a mission trip. We spent a week helping the New York Dream Center as they love the people in the community from which they operate. I want to take this month to highlight ministries who take seriously the call to spread the gospel and share God's love. I'll also be sharing mission-minded books that I've both read and are on my ever growing "list." While we had fun on the trip (including a trip to Time Square for some shopping), we also had our perspective challenged. We not only touched others but they left their fingerprint on us as well. 

I want to start with the book The Cause Within You by Matthew Barnett. I haven't read much of the book but I was excited when I heard he was writing it. I first heard about Matthew Barnett five years ago when I went on a mission trip to the L.A. Dream Center. It was there that we found out he was going to be starting a Dream Center in New York and to finally be able to go and be a part of that for a week was an extreme honor for me. 

His ministry is doing some great things to reach out to the hurting. I'm amazed at all they do. Everything is fueled by simply wanting others to know God loves them. 




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment