Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

happily ever now

I'm writing this to all my single sisters in Christ who are waiting for that right guy to come along. Don't give up on the desire to be married but don't put everything else on hold until then either. I think about what my wedding day might be like. To be standing beside the man I’ve been unknowingly praying for and believing would come into my life at the right time. To know I’m marrying my answer to prayer. 

While it’s fun to daydream about my “someday,” I can’t let myself dwell on it too much. If I continue to plan and look ahead to that day, I’ll miss out on what’s happening around me. I’ll be so focused on later that I’ll be missing out on right now. Looking too far ahead robs you of right now. 

I want to be knee-deep in going after what God has for me when my prince does finally ride up on that white horse. There’s a quote that says: “A woman’s heart should be so lost in God that a man must seek Him to find her.” That’s what I want. I want to be so focused on becoming who God wants me to be and doing what He’s called me to do. It all comes back to God's timing and trusting Him - two things that aren't always easy but always worth it :)

*Photo source: http://arbutusphotography.com/gallery/ 
post signature

1 comment: