Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2018

book review: "high cotton" by debby mayne

Shay Henke has mixed feelings about going to her family's next reunion. On the one hand, she'll get to see everyone in her mama's family - folks she loves unconditionally. On the other hand, she knows there'll be more drama than you can shake a stick at. 

The days leading up to the event bring one surprise after another. First Shay must deal with her sister-in-law's deep, dark secret. Then she has to contend with the childish ways of her business-mogul twin cousins. And when her high school crush wants to be her date to the reunion...well, it may have been a dream come true for Shay's teen self, but the woman she's become doesn't know what to make of this. 

Shay's contentment is challenged, and she's determined to shake things up a bit. But will she find the excitement she's looking for, or will Shay realize she prefers her quiet and predictable life? One thing is certain: Life in the Bucklin family is never boring.

I loved this book! As a Southern girl myself, this book was right up my alley! I had to get used to the point of view switching with each chapter as I had to remember who was who but then it made the story more interesting as the story switched from character to character. I thought the characters sweet and charming and and found myself laughing at Shay's family's antics. This is a story for anyone who has those family members you just have to love. I liked reading about Shay's journey in finding a job she enjoyed (and couldn't help but think of the timing from one job to the next as God's perfect timing) and that she was brave enough to take that leap! Though fiction, this book encouraged me in my own life. To pursue that thing that I may be scared to do and live boldly!
I received a copy of this book from Litfuse Publicity for my honest review. You can purchase the book on Amazon by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment